1. To understand the need for individualising diabetes targets and treatment plans
2. To review the management of CV risk factors in diabetes pts
3. To review the pharmacological management of type 2 diabetes
4. To identify eligibility for a Continuous Glucose Monitoring System in people with type 2 diabetes
5. To identify when statins should be initiated, monitored and titrated
6. To discuss the approach to side-effects of statins and initiation of other drugs eg ezetimibe and inclisiran
Dr Rob Estelrich
Clinical Lead for Diabetes, NHS Gloucestershire
Dr Mohgah Elsheikh
Consultant in Diabetes, working in the Community in Gloucestershire
Dr Mohgah Elsheikh trained at Kings College Hospital in London and the Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism. She is a consultant endocrinologist with over 20 years experience and her particular areas of expertise are in the management of obesity and type 2 diabetes. She joined Gloucestershire Hospitals in February 2022 as a Consultant in Community Diabetes and Obesity Medicine.
Dr Elsheikh has worked with a variety of populations, including ethnically diverse communities and is passionate about addressing health disparities. She is committed to working with primary and secondary care colleagues to develop an integrated diabetes service in the county and improving both clinical outcomes and patient experience.
Dr Elsheikh is SCOPE certified by the World Obesity Federation and is a National Clinical Fellow of the European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO). She is passionate about education and has been a co-organiser of several teaching programmes in diabetes and obesity. She has authored several papers and book chapters including in the Oxford Handbook for Diabetes and Endocrinology and is a regular speaker at regional and international meetings
Dr Mathangi Balasubramani
MBBS, MD, FRCPath, PGCert in med education
Consultant chemical pathologist with clinical interest in lipid disorders, adult diabetes and nutrition support as part of monitoring metabolic complications in patients on parenteral nutrition. Lead lipid clinic in Gloucester.